Unfiled Tax Returns

Do you have unfiled tax returns? In some instances not filing a tax return is a Federal crime. This tends to be more likely where tax returns for several years, had they been filed, would have reported substantial taxes owing. Making the wrong moves to get back on track can in some situations make matters worse. Deciding the proper course of action varies with each situation and should not be undertaken by consulting a return preparer. Return preparers (even Certified Public Accountants) often do not understand, and fully appreciate, criminal tax issues. You may make admissions to the CPA return preparer that could be used against you in a criminal prosecution.

If you have unfiled tax returns, the tax attorneys at Anderson & Jahde can help. We understand that circumstances can cause individuals and businesses to fall behind. We also understand the stress individuals suffer when they fall behind. We can help you get back on track while minimizing, and often eliminating, the risk your situation will turn into a criminal tax investigation.